Dustin McNeill, author of Phantasm Exhumed: The Unauthorized Companion to the Phantasm franchise is back with a followup that includes the film series latest entry: Phantasm Ravager. The new book, titled Further Exhumed: The Strange Case of Phantasm Ravager, is now available in paperback and Kindle editions on Amazon: Buy on Amazon
It’s a story of Blood, Sweat And Spheres!
The fifth and final Phantasm took an incredible eight years to go from set to screen. The project began as an experimental short before becoming a thirteen part web series and finally a feature length sequel. Shot in secret on a microbudget, RAVAGER reunites Phantasm ‘s core cast thirty-five years after the original cult classic. The new sequel filmed not in Hollywood soundstages but in the homes of cast and crew. Visual effects were handled mostly by the director. Decades-old props were taken out of storage and dusted off for reuse. They just don’t make movies like this anymore. In fact, they never really did to begin with. Such is The Strange Case Of Phantasm Ravager!
Further Exhumed includes:
- A thorough chronicle of the journey from web series to feature film
- Analysis of unproduced scripts by Roger Avary and Stephen Romano
- Examination of Ravager’s story, themes and conclusion
- Info on deleted scenes and alternate dialogue
- Why the film was delayed years after announcement
- Details on filming locations and special effects
- A breakdown of the Red Credit sequence
- Phantasmic Drink Recipes and Trivia Questions from the Hollywood Premiere
- More tips and tricks for better embalming (still kidding!)