Bethesda has revealed the 2019 update roadmap for its recently released massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) Fallout 76. The free updates are split into the seasons Spring, Summer, and Fall, and each will rollout new features, events, game modes, and/or quests.
Right now we know the most about the imminent Spring event, “Wild Appalachia”, but next to nothing on the “Wastelanders” Fall event. Let’s take a look at each of Fallout 76‘s 2019 updates individually.
The Spring event, entitled “Wild Appalachia”, will commence on Tuesday, March 12th with the rollout of the brewing & distilling system, followed by the “Fasnacht Parade” event on Tuesday, March 19th. A new PvP survival mode will be released the following week on Tuesday, March 26th. A new camera system will be available starting Wednesday, April 6th, and on Saturday, April 9th players will be able to build vending machines and the new “Shear Terror” quests will be released. The “Ever Upwards” quests launch on Tuesday, May 7th, with “Wild Appalachia” concluding on Thursday, May 23rd with the release of the legendary vendor.
A mythical beast, a lost generation of scouts, and the strongest brew this side of the wasteland. Welcome to Wild Appalachia – a series of new quests, features, events, crafting systems and more starting on March 12 and appearing over several weeks.
- (3/12/2019) New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- (3/19/2019) New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- (3/26/2019) New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
- (4/9/2019) New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- (4/9/2019 & 4/16/2019) New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- (5/7/2019) New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- (5/23/2019) New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
So far, we know that the Summer event, dubbed “Nuclear Winter”, will feature a new game mode of the same name, high-level vault raids, and the “Legendary Players” character progression system.
Unfortunately, at this time there is no specific release date for Nuclear Winter, simply “Summer”.
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
We know almost no details about the Fall event, “Wastelanders”, other than it will release sometime in the Fall.
Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.
Released in November of last year, Fallout 76 is now available for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox for $59.99:
We’ll update this article as we learn more information about the “Nuclear Winter” and “Wastelanders” updates, so stay tuned!