Video game publisher Deep Silver and development studio 4A Games have released the first episode in its three-part The Making of Metro Exodus behind-the-scenes video series. The over eight-and-a-half minute video was filmed at 4A Games studios in Kiev & Malta and features footage and interviews from the development team dating back almost five years when production on Metro Exodus first began.
The second episode will be released sometime next week, and we’ll update you as soon as that occurs.
While Metro Exodus won’t be released until Friday, February 15th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, it’s now available to preorder for just $59.99:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…