Video game publisher Deep Silver and development studio 4A Games have released the third & final episode of its three-part The Making of Metro Exodus behind-the-scenes video series – the first two episodes (below) were released last month. The video was filmed at 4A Games studios in Kiev & Malta.
The over eight-and-a-half minute video features archival footage and interviews from the development team dating back almost five years when production on Metro Exodus first began.
The over nine minute long second episode focuses on the studio’s eponymous 4A Engine and how it was made for detail.
The nearly then-minute third & final episode showcases the option to either employ stealth-based or run-and-gun style of gameplay, role-playing elements like exploration, side quests, and consequences, enemy AI, sound design, and the camaraderie between the team members at 4A:
While Metro Exodus won’t be released until Friday, February 15th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, it’s now available to preorder for just $59.99:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
MORE: Witness ‘Artyom’s Nightmare’ In This Cinematic Metro Exodus Video
MORE: Check Out The Metro Exodus Official ‘Uncovered’ Gameplay Video
MORE: Metro Exodus Gets PC System Requirements & Epic Store Release
MORE: Metro Exodus ‘Artyom Custom Edition’ Comes With Real Nixie Watch
MORE: Watch The Metro Exodus Story Trailer Now!
MORE: Metro Exodus Will Launch With Photo Mode
- Editor’s Note: This article was originally posted on 1/10/2019 for the release of episode one, updated on 1/24/2019 to include episode two, and then updated once again on 2/7/2019 to include the third & final episode.