Video game publisher Deep Silver, development studio 4A Games, and author Dmitry Glukhovsky have revealed the absolutely extreme Metro Exodus Artyom Custom Edition which comes with a very real, working steampunk Nixie watch. Accompanying the announcement is an over three-and-a-half minute unboxing video hosted by Metro series author Dmitry Glukhovskyaa:
Limited to just ten copies, the set contains:
- Steel Ammo Crate packaging
- Fully-functional, hand-made Nixie Watch
- Gas Mask and Filter
- Working Bullet Lighter made from a decommissioned shell
- Hand-made steel Spartan dog tag to be engraved with the recipient’s name
- Leather map case and map of the Aurora’s journey
- Personalised Certificate of Authenticity, signed by Dmitry Glukhovsky and Andrew ‘Prof’ Prokhorov
Deep Silver Head of Global Brand Management Huw Beynonat stated: “We worked with the renowned craftsmen at DB Props, based in the world famous Shepperton Studios to source and manufacture the ultimate collection for Metro fans. Each item is either an authentic real-world object or has been hand-made to re-create 4A’s original designs. We knew we could never do Artyom’s signature Nixie watch justice with a replica; so we decided to make them for real.”
The set cannot be purchased, instead, nine of them (4A Games is keeping one) will be given away to ten lucky Metro fans. The exact method of these giveaways will be revealed in the coming weeks, so stay tuned Metro on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the game’s official website!
While Metro Exodus won’t be released until Friday, February 15th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, it’s now available to preorder for just $59.99:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…