Deep Silver & 4A Games have announced that upcoming first-person shooter Metro Exodus will feature a photo mode, allowing players to take in-game screenshots.
4A Games Executive Producer Jon Bloch stated: “Photo Mode has been one of the most requested features from the Metro community. They’re relatively rare in 1st person shooters, but the team have been determined to make it work and give Metro fans the opportunity to capture their own stories from the Russian wastelands.”
To show off photo mode, the studios released a handful of new screenshots that showcase the gorgeous world of Metro Exodus, both indoors and out, across all four seasons:
Photo mode kicks off a full week of announcements planned for the game, with a story trailer coming sometime tomorrow, so stay tuned!
While Metro Exodus won’t be released until Friday, February 15th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, it’s now available to preorder for $59.99:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…