Video game publisher Deep Silver & development studio 4A Games have released the “Ranger Update” for their recently released post-apocalyptic first-person shooter sequel Metro Exodus. The six gigabyte free update is the first major patch released for the game and adds a number of new end-game features as well as bug fixes & general improvements, including:
New Game +
On completion of the campaign, you can now re-play in New Game+ mode, granting access to all weapons and attachments unlocked through prior play-throughs. New Game + also allows to you to adjust a range of variables to create your own personal and uniquely challenging experience, and comes with new Achievements / Trophies. New Game + adds a whole new dimension to repeat play-throughs of the campaign. Modify the following suite of modes and settings to craft your own personalized gameplay experience:
- My Weapons: Allows you to start with all weapons and attachments found in the last playthrough. Weapons are granted after freeing Anna in Moscow. Starting weapons will be the last loadout that was set in the previous end game save. All other weapons and attachments previously unlocked will be available in the Aurora Workbench Armory, first encountered in Volga. Player Armor/Wrist upgrades do not carry over.
- One Weapon: Reduces weapon slots to one. Any weapon can be used in this slot, but you can only take one with you. Manage this by swapping Weapons in the field, or by using the Aurora Workbench Armory.
- Crossbow: Provides Player with the Crossbow at the beginning of the game in addition to normal Weapon Progression. Yermak gives the Player the Crossbow after Jammer scene in Moscow.
- Backpack limitations: Crafting in the Backpack is disabled, you may only use a Workbench – only weapon modifications allowed in Backpack.
- Armored Enemies: Human NPC’s are upgraded by one level of Armor across the game if applicable.
- Tougher Creatures: Creatures have thicker hide across the game.
- Grenadiers: Human NPC’s use explosives more often.
- Real Time Weather: Change the game’s natural day/night cycle from 2 to 24 real hours for complete immersion.
- Bad Weather: Fog, Rain, Snow, and Sand storm conditions occur more frequently where applicable.
- Radiation is Forever: Additional radiation zones will appear across some levels, making the Gas Mask more important.
- Iron Mode: Fully disables the Save System, progress is only saved between levels.
- Developer Commentary: Green Tape Players throughout the game will be available to play Developer Commentary about the area in which it is found.
Additional New Game + Content
- Achievements / Trophies
- Unique collectibles
- Additional set of hidden objects in the world, only available in New Game +
Available through New Game +, enabling Developer Commentary allows you to find special tape players on which members of the 4A Games team discuss some of the design choices that went into making Metro Exodus in that area.
Other Features & Fixes
- Improved Controller Responsiveness: While the Hotfix changes were already well received, we’ve added a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset with more tweaks to sensitivity, improved aim assist, and better ‘dead zone’ per platform.
- Platform-specific Improvements & New Features: We’ve added Mouse and Keyboard support for Xbox One, further improved RTX and DLSS support on PC, Dual Shock Controller Light support for PS4 and many more.
- General Performance, Balance, and Gameplay Optimizations: A raft of improvements across the board that improve the overall gameplay experience based on bugs reported, desired polish, and direct feedback/feature requests from the community, including things like a Volume Slider specifically for VO, and more.
- Crash/Bug Fixes & Improvements: We’ve fixed numerous crashes – some from your descriptions, and some from the crash dumps you have submitted to us. We’ve only listed a few below, but you should expect a big improvement to stability in this update. Thank you for continuing to help us out!
- Full Ukrainian Localization Added: We’re proud to offer Metro Exodus fully localized for Ukraine, the country where 4A Games was born.
Note that all changes are only applied when starting a new level, games saved mid-level will not be affected until the player progresses to the next map.
Metro Exodus is now available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for just $59.99:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
PC System Requirements:
|Average Performance||1080p @ 30 FPS||1080p @ 60 FPS||1440p @ 60 FPS||4K @ 60 FPS|
|OS||Windows 7/8/10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-4440||Intel Core i7-4770K||Intel Core i7-8700K||Intel Core i9-9900K|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 670/1050 or AMD Radeon HD 7870||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070/RTX 2060 or AMD RX Vega 56||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/RTX 2070 or AMD RX Vega 64||Nvidia GeForce RTX 20180 Ti|
- Note: Windows 10 RS5 (Build 1809) or newer and DirectX 12 required for RTX features. Win 8.1 requires build 9600 or newer, Win 8 requires build 9200 or newer, Win 7 requires SP1 or newer.
MORE: Metro Exodus Is Released, Watch The Launch Trailer Now!
MORE: Watch ‘The Making Of Metro Exodus’ Behind-The-Scenes Documentary
MORE: Witness ‘Artyom’s Nightmare’ In This Cinematic Metro Exodus Video
MORE: Check Out The Metro Exodus Official ‘Uncovered’ Gameplay Video
MORE: Metro Exodus Gets PC System Requirements & Epic Store Release
MORE: Metro Exodus ‘Artyom Custom Edition’ Comes With Real Nixie Watch
MORE: Watch The Metro Exodus Story Trailer Now!
MORE: Metro Exodus Will Launch With Photo Mode