As promised yesterday in the photo mode announcement, Deep Silver & 4A Games have released the Metro Exodus story trailer right on time. The absolutely gorgeous two-and-a-half minute trailer is narrated by “Anna”, the Spartan Order’s best sniper and wife of series’ main character “Artyom”, and set to the tune of a brand-new original score from series composer Alexey Omelchuk. The video is chock full of never-before-seen characters, monsters, locations, and sequences from the new game.
Along with the story trailer, Deep Silver & Microsoft also announced the Xbox One X Metro Saga bundle, containing a 1 TB Xbox One X console and all three Metro games (Metro 2033 Redux, Metro: Last Light Redux, and Metro Exodus) for $499.99:
The third game in the Metro series, based on the novels of Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky, features non-linear levels and a weather system that features various effects and all four seasons.
While Metro Exodus won’t be released until Friday, February 15th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, it’s now available to preorder for just $59.99:
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…