Video game publisher Deep Silver and development studio 4A Games have released the “weapons trailer” for the upcoming post-apocalyptic first-person shooter (FPS) Metro Exodus. The over four-and-a-half minute long trailer briefly showcases the game’s four weapon classes: handguns, shotguns, rifles, and special weapons. The trailer explains how simple handguns like the revolver can be customized to become a rifle or even sub-machine gun (SMG). Shotguns in post-apocalyptic Russia are made of scrap and come in all sorts of varieties such as quad-barrel & revolver shotguns. Meanwhile rifles are mostly surviving Kalashnakov models which can be adapted into powerful sniper rifles such as Artyom’s wife Anna’s favorite weapon “Valve”. Finally, there are completely original special weapons such as the “Tikhar” which uses scrap for ammunition and silent crossbows.
Deep Silver promised more in-depth videos of each weapon class in the coming weeks, starting tomorrow with a video on rifles.
While Metro Exodus won’t be released until Friday, February 15th for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, it’s now available to preorder for just $59.99:
Metro Exodus is the third video game in the series, preceded by 2013’s Metro:Last Light and 2010’s Metro 2033, all based on the novels of Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky.
The year is 2036. A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro. They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war. But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
MORE: Physical Preorders Of Metro Exodus To Include Free Panoramic Poster
MORE: Watch The Making Of Metro Exodus Episode One Now!
MORE: Metro Exodus ‘Artyom Custom Edition’ Comes With Real Nixie Watch
MORE: Watch The Metro Exodus Story Trailer Now!
MORE: Metro Exodus Will Launch With Photo Mode