Focus Home Interactive & Saber Interactive have announced the multiplayer modes for their upcoming video game based on the 2013 zombie movie World War Z. Accompanying the announcement is a nearly minute-long trailer which shows two reams of survivors battling each other in a hunt for resources, before both have to deal with an incoming swarm of zombies:
While the primary gameplay is four-player co-op, the new “PvPvZ” (player versus player versus zombies) mode pits two four-player teams against each other and zombies.
Here are the official descriptions of World War Z‘s five multiplayer game modes:
- Scavenge Raid: players race to secure resources across the map to win
- Vaccine Hunt: players must pick up and hold an object to earn point for the team
- Swarm Deathmatch: two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end
- Swarm Domination: capture zones to earn points and win a team victory
- King of the Hill: capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points
Powered by Saber Interactive’s Swarm Engine, World War Z features a third-person camera with an over-the-shoulder view for aiming, much like Capcom’s recently released remake of 1998’s Resident Evil 2.
World War Z is expected to be released sometime later on this year for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
World War Z unleashes hundreds of fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies at a time on players in a nail-biting action experience around the world, including New York, Moscow, Jerusalem and more. Play in co-op with up to 3 friends using six distinct classes and an arsenal of deadly weapons, explosives, turrets and traps to demolish the undead menace and survive another day.