Shout! Factory has revealed, via social media, the special bonus features for its upcoming Scream Factory blu-ray release of the 1993 thriller sequel When A Stranger Calls Back. The film is directed by Fred Walton, written by Walton & Steve Feke, and stars Carol Kane, Charles Durning, Jill Schoelen, and Gene Lythgow.
The blu-ray will include a new 2K scan in both 1.33 and 1.78 aspect ratios, plus a brand-new interview with actress Carol Kane.
While When A Stranger Calls Back won’t be released until Tuesday May 28th, it’s now available on preorder for just $21.99 (regular price is $26.99):
Five years after her own terrifying baby-sitting ordeal, Julia Jenz (Jill Schoelen) is trying to put her life together when the past comes back to haunt her. Someone is breaking into her apartment, moving objects around and toying with her. The police think she’s just a hysterical coed, but student advisor Jill Johnson (Carol Kane), similarly victimized thirteen years earlier, is determined to nail Julia’s stalker. Retired detective John Clifford (Charles Durning), who saved Jill’s life before, must find and outwit the culprit before it’s too late.
- New 2019 2K scan of the original film elements in two aspect ratios – 1.33:1 (Original TV Broadcast) and an alternate 1.78:1 version.
- New “Directing A Stranger” interview with director Fred Walton
- New “Process Is Everything” interview with actress Carol Kane
- New “A Stranger’s Prey” interview with actress Jill Schoelen
- Fred Walton’s original short film “The Sitter”
- TV Spot
- Editor’s Note: This article was originally posted on 2/1/2019 when the blu-ray was first announced, and then updated on 4/5/2019 to include special bonus feature information.