Shout! Factory has announced, via social media, that it has had to delay The Green Inferno collector’s edition Scream Factory blu-ray. Eli Roth’s 2013 cannibal horror film was originally slated for release later this month, but has now been pushed back to the Summer with no explanation given.
This new release will include a slipcover and brand-new cover art by Devon Whitehead (below), with the original theatrical poster on the reverse side. Also included is a CD soundtrack of the film’s musical score by composer Manuel Riveiro.
The movie was directed by Roth, written by Roth & Guillermo Amoedo, and stars Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy, Daryl Sabara, Kirby Bliss Blanton, Sky Ferreira, Magda Apanowicz, Nicolas Martinez, Aaron Burns, Ignacia Allamand, Ramon Llao, and Richard Burgi.
While The Green Inferno won’t be released until Tuesday, June 25th, it’s now available on preorder for just $28.43 (regular price is $29.99):
The first 700 orders from Shout! Factory will also receive an 18″ x 24″ poster of the new cover art. What’s more, there is a deluxe edition available, which features a slipcover signed by Roth, but these are limited to only 250 copies.
Determined to protect the Amazon rainforest, a group of student activists fly to Peru only to crash-land deep in the jungle. Captured by a pack of bloodthirsty cannibals, the survivors suffer unspeakable acts of butchery at the hands of the very tribe they were trying to save.
- Exclusive original CD soundtrack by Manuel Riveiro with bonus tracks
- New “Into The Green Inferno” – interview with co-writer/producer/director Eli Roth
- New “Uncivilized Behavior: Method Acting In The Green Inferno” – interviews with actors Lorenza Izzo, Daryl Sabara, and Kirby Bliss Blanton
- Behind The Scenes Footage – nearly an hour of never-before-seen footage
- Audio commentary with co-writer/producer/director Eli Roth, producer Nicolas Lopez, and cast members Lorenza Izzo, Aaron Burns, Kirby Bliss Blanton, and Daryl Sabara
- Original publicity featurettes including “The Making of The Green Inferno”
- Theatrical trailer
- TV spots
- Still galleries – storyboards, makeup tests, behind-the-scenes photos, village construction, publicity, and movie stills
- Opening Titles
- In the Pastry Shop
- Go Ahead
- The Jaguar by the River
- The Plane Crash
- Lost in the Jungle
- Someone Is Coming
- The Tribe
- The First Sacrifice
- The Banquet
- “I’m Really Sick”
- A Night in the Cage
- The Virgin
- Run Samantha Run
- I Don’t Remember
- The Suicide
- The Plan
- Poor Funny Boy
- The Flight
- A Dangerous Place
- A Girl for a Ritual
- Tribe at War
- The Good Child
- Back Home
- The Big Green (Bonus Track)
- Running Across the Jungle (Bonus Track)
- Editor’s Note: This article was originally posted on 1/10/2019 when the product was first announced, updated on 3/8/2019 to include special bonus features & track list, and then updated once more on 4/5/2019 to reflect the new release date.