Shout! Factory has released Hammer’s 1974 kung fu vampire horror movie The Legend Of The 7 Golden Vampires to its Scream Factory line of horror blu-rays. The film is directed by Roy Ward Baker, written by Don Houghton, and stars Peter Cushing, Julie Ege, David Chiang, Robin Stewart, and Szu Shih.
The disc will include the original uncut version of the film as well as the edited version that was released in the United States.
The Scream Factory blu-ray of The Legend Of The 7 Golden Vampires is now available for just $23.99 (regular price is $29.99):
Black Belt vs. Black Magic Professor Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) and Count Dracula (John Forbes-Robinson) meet again in this spectacular kung fu horror thriller set in the village of Ping Kuei. After learning about the seven golden vampires of the village, Hsi Ching (David Chiang), Vanessa Buren (Julie Ege) and Mai Kwei (Szu Shih) offer to guide Van Helsing and his son to Ping Kuei to free it from the curse of Count Dracula. Throughout their journey, the group encounters several unwanted attackers until they arrive at the golden vampires’ derelict temple, inhabited by Count Dracula. In the temple, Van Helsing and the count begin a fearsome battle to the death – an ultimate clash between good and evil!
- New 2K Scan Of The Original Film Elements
- New Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Bruce G. Hallenbeck
- New When Hammer Met Shaw – An Interview With Actor David Chiang
- New Kung Fear – An Interview With Hong Kong Film Expert Rick Baker
- Alternate U.S. Theatrical Version – The 7 Brothers Meet Dracula (In HD With Some Standard Definition Inserts)
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
- Still Gallery
- Editor’s Note: This article was originally posted on 1/17/2019 when the blu-ray was first announced, updated on 3/4/2019 to include special bonus feature information, and updated once more on 4/9/2019 to reflect the product’s release and include the official blu-ray trailer.